These are the yummy cookies I’m entering in tonight’s Evening in the Village Cookie Contest!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Drop Cookies
with Cinnamon Frosting (frosting recipe follows)
Yield: 4 dozen
- 2 C flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/2 t nutmeg
- 1/2 C unsalted butter
- 1 C packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 C canned pumpkin
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 C chocolate chips, raisins, or dried cranberries
(I’ve tried the recipe with each and all have been delicious)
1. Pre-heat oven to 375°. Position oven rack one notch above center.
2. Beat butter for 30 seconds to soften then add sugar and beat until really fluffy
(and I mean really fluffy- it will take awhile, even on high speed).
3. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg- set aside.
4. Once the butter and sugar have been thoroughly mixed add egg, pumpkin, and vanilla and stir to combine. Batter will now look slightly separated.
5. Add in the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
9. Frost with cinnamon icing once completely cooled.
- 1/4 C butter
- 1 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 1 T milk
- 1/2 t vanilla
- 1/2 t cinnamon
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until your arm falls off, hands have cramped, you’ve discovered you can’t stir with your left hand, and you are about to give up. Then you will have the perfect frosting