At last month’s Canton Woman’s Club dinner, I was sharing our Wedding March series with a group of local bloggers and Allie from Couponing in Birdland mentioned her family has a photography studio. Thanks for the recommendation! (And if you are a Giant Eagle shopper her site is a must visit!)
We love shopping local and a wedding is a great opportunity to support small businesses. Today’s Local Business Spotlight is on Drobny Studio, located in Akron, Ohio.
John and Nancy offer all of our brides-to-be some great advice on how to select a wedding photographer
- Search for someone you are comfortable with. You will spend a whole day with them.
- Be sure they have several samples to look at. That means they didn’t start yesterday.
- Look for a style that you are attracted to. Too much journalism means less posed photos. Time and again the posed photos on the altar are what people want. It should be a blend of posed and journalistic photos.
- Quality albums are a priority. Don’t settle for less!
- Finally the last consideration should be budget. I realize sometimes you can’t spend thousands and thousands on photography. When your big day is over, what do you have left? I know this is an old cliche’, but it’s true.
Here’s a peek at some of their work:
Drobny Studio have been photographing the area’s finest events for over 50 years. We are classic wedding photographers with enough edge to be fun. Creativity, style and value are a part of every Drobny Studio wedding.
We always invite you to visit our Studio
to discuss your wedding in greater detail.
95 Hanna Parkway, Suite E
Akron, Ohio, 44319
Follow along all month long: The Wedding March Round 2